Humor-Workshop Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
Overcoming daily Difficulties by Humor
– Strengthening our Resilience by a humorous, positive Attitude –
Workshop for M.Sc. Global Urban Health, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
At the end of this lecture the students will be able to:
- apply various humor tools in their daily lives
- understand the effects of humor as a coping strategy
- activate and gradually strengthen their individual “humor muscle”
- distinguish between social and aggressive humor interventions
- develop new perspectives and solutions in challenging situations
- stimulate their creativity and flexibility
The lecture will be a mix of presentation, groupwork, practical exercises, discussions and reflections.
- Humor is a mindset that helps one to see life’s absurdities and challenges with serenity and lightness. It’s a tool for opening new space in crisis by creating new opportunities.
- The use of humor is a way of ensuring a healthy and sustainable working and living environment. Playfulness and seriousness should exist side by side in our lives.
- Humor fosters positive connections – a team that laughs together, works well together.
- The quality of humor matters! (social vs. aggressive)
- Everyone has a sense of humor and it can be activated and strengthened by a daily training.